Thursday 19 September 2013

32?! Yep, that's my magic number...

I'm a very organised person and I like to keep things neat and tidy, putting everything back in its right place when I'm finished with it. But the other day I had to get ready in a different room of the house, so I had to get all my beauty stuff and move it into the other room so I was surrounded by what I needed to get ready. This was a very ordinary day with nothing in particular happening or planned so I just got ready for your average day. Now I wouldn't consider my beauty regime to be particularly high maintenance and there are a lot of beauty steps that I ignore e.g. I don't wear primers for everything, I don't bother with eye lash curlers - in short my approach is pretty straight forward and without fuss. So when I had finished getting ready and looked at the carnage around me, I couldn't believe the amount of products I had used. This gave me the idea to wait until the evening and then count how many products I had used that day, and the grand total came to 32... 32!!!!!

What were these 32 products then? Well, since you ask - let me tell you (I've tried to do this in the order that I used them and even if I used the same product twice I have counted it individually):

1. Cleansed my face in the morning using Clarins Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser
2. Scrubbed my lips using the amazing Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum
3. Applied serum, my KIKO Skin Trainer - don't forget to check out my 30 day trial update on September 20. 
6. Hydrated lips with A-Derma Lip Care
7. Moisturized my hands using my beloved Clarins Hand and Nail Cream
8. The days first lovely and invigorating spray of Caudalie Beauty Elixir
9. Put on some sun in a bottle on my neck and decolletage with Caudalie Divine Legs
11. Prepped for eye shadow with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion
13. Did some correcting with the miracle that is Collection Concealer Lasting Perfection
14. Fixed my make up base with Urban Decay De-Slick Make Up Setting Spray
15. Swept on some eye shadow from Look Mini Make Over Palette

16. Applied mascara using Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara
17. Added some blusher from Look Mini Make Over Palette
18. Stained my lips with product from Look Mini Make Over Palette
19. Filled in eye brows with Collection Eyebrow Definer
20. Dabbed on some powder to blot out any shininess with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
21. Another quick spray with Urban Decay De-Slick Make Up Setting Spray
22. Final touch for the day - some perfume and today's choice was the sophisticated Prada Infusion d'Iris EdT
24. Time to take the face off using the amazing Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
25. Quick sweep using Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile
26. Another round of serum, using KIKO Skin Trainer 
27. Time for eye cream again - Estée Lauder Resilience Lift Eye Creme
28. Massaged in my night cream using Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream
29. Hydrated lips with A-Derma Lip Care
30.  Added some nourishment and treatment to my lashes with L'Oréal's Lash Renewal Serum
31. Moisturized my hands for the night using my beloved Clarins Hand and Nail Cream
32. The days last relaxing spray of Caudalie Beauty Elixir 

I'm so glad it wasn't one of my gym days because that would have added at least another 10 products... What do you think is this a reasonable amount of products for an average day and What's your magic number?









39 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stuff, I will see tomorrow how many I use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised - AND I didn't count the amount of times I sprayed my perfume.... Xx

      Delete
  2. i will count my exact number tomorrow, i think it may be close, who knew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kim and thanks for visiting! I hope it's in the same range so I won't feel quite so guilty :o). Please come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! This post is amazing!
    would you like to follow each other? ♥

    nudegravity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - yes that would be great, follow you on GFC and BL :O). Hope you visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  4. Love this post, it's such a good idea. I have no idea how many I use but not I'm curious to find out! I'll count em' up tomorrow! Love how your routine is so Clarins and Caudalie heavy! Those are 2 of my fave brands along with Ren. What is that night cream like? xx

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really sweet of you! The nightcream is really nice and rich, and will post a review of it next week :). Xx

      Delete
  5. Before Commenting...I think I should see how many I use :P
    32!!!!
    :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have guessed 32, and that's without any hair products at all, since I just wore my hair down... Xx

      Delete
  6. That seems like a lot of products to me but I am actually a little bit terrified to actually work this out myself...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does when you just hear the no, and this was for a very average day! Xx

      Delete
  7. Sooo many products but I really enjoyed reading this! I'm sooo looking forward to trying out the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray. Thanks for the great post!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's really nice of you! Xx

      Delete
  8. so many products...hehe....will count mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's in the same region so I don't have to be paranoid about it LOL. Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Well, it could have been worse - I rarely use much for my hair, but had it been a day with heat styling, that would have added another 2-3 :). Xx

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed this post. It seems like a lot when you write it out but I think most of us would use just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I DO hope so - would make feel a bit less guilty :). Xx

      Delete
  11. Wow! I find it so interesting to think how many products we use daily. I would say I use about 20-ish off the top of my head. But the real question is food and how many different ingredients we eat!

    Cool post :)

    http://shimmyshay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Shaina, and thanks so much for vistiing and for leaving a comment! Hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  12. I think this is completely normal, I think I'm somewhere in that range give or take a few products. I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I hope it's about average, otherwise I'll feel like a complete beauty glutton! Xx

      Delete
  13. Wow, you never stop and think "how many products do I actually use?" cause when you see how much it's like say whaaaat? Awesome to see what you use though :)

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - am so glad you enjoyed it :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Wow that's a lot - I am usually quite minimal - face wash, moisturiser, bronzer, pale eyeshadow and mascara. Occasionally the odd bit of eye liner but that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This seems loads but now Im thinking about what I use... and it all adds up haha! xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I always thought my routine was pretty fuss free LOL: Xx

      Delete
  16. HAHAAH. this is so me too! it so amazing once you group them all in a photo like that how many products one uses!! i'll to do a post like this. this is too funny!
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gabriella, thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. Sure, have joined your blog now :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol! That's so funny that you counted that. It's sounds like a lot of products but I think we all use something around that number. I see you use a lot of Clarins! Love that brand :)
    xo
    Marija

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marija! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - yes I was surprised at the final no, but I guess it could have been a lot "worse". Xx

      Delete
  19. Oh Charlotte, I'm astounded! Hehe. I don't ever think I use that many products but I bet I do. I am so stealing this next weekend :D (don't worry though, I will credit it back to you)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably nothing compared to what I was LOL. I'm so glad you liked it - thank you so much! Xx

      Delete
  20. Isotretinoin 10 mg is a naturally occurring derivative of the vitamin. Isotroin 10 mg works well for the treatment of a severe form of acne known as nodular acne, caused by a deep, swollen, painful scab under the skin. Purchase any medication from the best online pharmacy store in the USA with an incredible markdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!