Tuesday 3 September 2013

Get hooked on Macadamia hair products

As a self-confessed beauty junkie there are certain products that are on the MUST TRY list e.g. Bioderma, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overight Mask and Macadamia hair products. On one of my recent visits to amazing Beautybay.com, I saw the Macadamia Natural Oil Get Hooked pack and thought - what an excellent way to try this out since you get two travel size products to test - the Deep Repair Masque (yeeeaaay!) and the Healing Oil Treatment.

The Macadamia products contain natural oils from Macadamia Nuts and Argan Fruits that help to deeply nourish and rejuvenate your hair, leaving it smooth and shiny and let's start with the Deep Repair Masque, which might be one of the most talked about products from the Macadamia range. It's a very intense hair treatment that's supposed to do miracles for dry and damaged hair by rebuilding it and adding lots of nourishment, but it's so potent they recommend that you don't use it more than twice a week. The masque has a luxurious, rich and creamy texture and you massage it into your hair, comb it through and leave it for about 10 mins before washing it out again. For some reason I thought that the masque would actually smell of nuts (maybe that's just me), but it definitely doesn't - instead it has a light, fresh and lovely scent with a faint apple note that stays on your hair for a while afterwards.

I tend to be very generous with the amount I use for hair treatments because I like to feel that it's doing something, but with this masque I only needed an amount a little bigger than that of a 50p coin to get enough, and in total I got 3 and a bit uses out of the sachet. Afterwards my hair felt so soft and nourished just as if I had just been to the hair dresser, and this feeling lasted for days - I was a very happy bunny. 

The other product in the set was the Healing Oil Treatment which again is particularly great for dry or damaged hair and this can be used in several different ways - either to help style your hair or you can add it to the masque to give it some extra boost. I've mainly used the oil for styling - adding it to the ends of my hair, and also to control fly aways. It's a really lovely thick oil, much thicker than other ones I've used before that have been very thin and fluid, so you only need very little of it. Despite being a thicker oil it feels surprisingly light on the hair and it blends in very well, so you don't have that greasy feeling that some hair oils can leave. This actually smells very nutty and spicy - definitely more perfumed than the masque, but it's not overpowering in any way and overall it's so lovely to use, leaving your hair feeling protected and amazingly smooth and groomed.

It has to be said that neither of the Madacamia products are budget buys and they are pricier than most hair care ranges. However, since you don't need to apply very much of them and you won't use the hair masque more than twice a week - they will last a while. So if you can afford it, it's an amazing product, definitely worth the hype. 

I also got myself a Macadamia Natural Oil No Tangle Brush, after having heard so much about this type of brush. Since I always get a big kink on the left side (it's a bit strange because I don't get it anywhere else - Him Indoors calls it crazy hair... nice of him), I use a detangling spray to make my hair behave as it should, and also to make the whole disciplining part less painful. What's so great about these brushes is that they are specially designed to sort out your hair with minimum pain and hair breakage. I know you probably won't believe this until you try it yourself, but the brush just glides through your hair with minimum effort - it is absolutely fantastic! If you don't have a brush like this, you HAVE to get one and it'll probably be one of the kindest things you can do to your hair to help it stay strong and healthy. I know you can get Tangle Teezers from Boots for about £12, but if you go to Beautybay.com you can get the Macadamia one for half the price.

So the question is, am I hooked on Macadamia? - You BET I am, and I will definitely be investing in the full size products, all in the name of strong shiny hair - after all, it's the one accessory I wear every single day!

40 comments:

  1. You are right about the hair :) it is indeed the best accessory we have. I have been obsessing with hair lately and might give this one a try if I can find it available. Thanks for sharing Charlotte! have a great day!

    hugs
    shannel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Shannel - thanks a million for leaving a comment, it's amazing and it's such a great investment :o). Hope to see you here again soon! xx

      Delete
  2. Oo this looks like such a nice little set! I've been dying to try these products for so long so I might grab myself a cheeky purchase!
    Aims
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..I would love to try that mask n oil..thanks for sharing dear..
    I have dry hair...love the packaging too..i love green colour

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/09/rimmel-london-precious-stones-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yhe masque is amazing so it will definitely be one of the products I'm getting :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try this brand for ages! It looks good & it sounds even better! :)

    http://lifethoughtsfunlush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely hooked and based on my tests I would highly recommend both of them, although for me the masque is probably more of a priority :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. I love this set! I have heard soo much about Macadamia so I need to try it out!xo
    Follow me and I’ll follow back. Let me know when you’re done Also, I'd really like it if you were a part of the themed monthly look book on my blog Teeniolect HERE
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saliha, thank you for visting, I've joined and follow your blog. Yes these 2 products are really nice, and a small starter pac like this is such a great idea :O). I'll check it out and get back to you :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I love that about wearing strong shiny hair every day :) I really really want the deep repair mask, but I have 1.5 other masks to finish up first before i invest. I am less into hair oils but I suppose if I fall in love with one macadamia product I may have to try more. I'm actually disappointed it doesn't smell more nutty though!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoe, I know what you mean I really wanted it to be more nutty too. I'm the same when it comes to hair oils so that tiny bottle will last me 4-5 months :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I love the macadamia oil hair products, I think their mask is probably the best I've ever used! It's a shame they are so pricey but I think it's worth it :) xx

    http://yespleasebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you - thanks for leaving a comment and hope to see you here again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I love little sample or travel size products they give you a chance to try all the range without spending a fortune.
    I also have tried some of the macadamia range and I have to agree they are all really nice products.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Evelyn, and thanks for visiting! That's great to hear since I was also interested in trying the shampoo and think I'll also try the shampoo and the leave in cream :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love Macadamia, especially the Deep repair mask. My hair is much healthier since I have been using this range of products, xx Vale Simplywhatilike.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment - You can't get better feedback than that :O). Xx

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely set, wish it's available here.

    My Recent post
    http://www.candycrow.com/2013/09/lakme-enrich-satin-423-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with it, I hope you get a chance to try it at some point :O. Xx

      Delete
  11. I used the mask and totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you so much for visiting! Yes it's easy to understand why it's so popular :o). Hope you'll visit again soon. Xx

      Delete
  12. My hair is damaged from all the different styling products and heat I've been using on it. I will definitely be investing in some of these things!xx emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be as happy with the products as I am :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I'd love to try these too! I like to use hair products that say they're for damaged hair as I use heat on my hair a lot so think it suffers a bit :/

    Great review!

    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Amelia, thank you so much - that's so nice of you :O). I'm the same - in the summer I'm not too bothered about heat styling, but then it's sun and salt water doing the damage, so as much repair as possible for me please ! Xx

      Delete
  14. I am on the verge of chopping off my hair ends...they are desert dry :(
    may be this will help...gotta give this a try..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to do that a few times too - it's always a sad day :(. Try this, it might help :O). Xx

      Delete
  15. You have sold these to me! Must try the masque, my hair is in major need of some tlc
    Tania x
    www.make-up-maggie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tania - I hope you'll like them as much as I do :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Ive been meaning to try this for ages, everyone is loving it! xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think they are worth the hype. The oil will last me forever but the masque is definitely something I'll get as soon as possible :O). Xx

      Delete
  17. I love the Macadamia products!!
    Great post :-)

    Take care
    Laura
    Xx

    www.lauraatkin91.blogspot.co.uk (For everything beauty, from product reviews to DIY beauty products!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's lovely of you - yes I completely understand why they are so popular :O). Xx

      Delete
  18. I have been meaning to try this brand, great review!

    christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you so much for visiting! Thanks for the sweet comment - it's such a lovely brand, shame the masque doesn't smell more nutty :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I just did a review on this recently too, great product, your hair really does get addicted!
    really love your blog too btw hun followed you with GFC, If you end up checking out mine hope you love it and if you do follow :) i also have a giveaway on right now too if you want to check that out :)http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kathleen and thank you so much for visiting! That is so lovely - thank you, following you as well too :O). Hope to see you here again soon! Have a great day! Xx

      Delete
  20. My hair needs this! I need to try this out. Thanks for the great post x

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment, hope you'll visit again soon :O). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!