Monday 30 September 2013

September on my mind


It's the end of the month again, and time to take stock of what's been going on. I quite like doing these posts because like most people, my days are very busy - packed with things to do and somehow you forget a lot of the small things that happen and that can make a very ordinary day special. These posts make me appreciate things in a different way.

Autumn is definitely my favourite time of the year particularly when we get autumn days like the ones we've seen the past few weeks. It's been stunning with beautiful blue skies and lots of red, orange and golden colours around us, no rain and cold enough for it to be ok to wear my beloved leather leggings and a woolly jumper. Hurray, how I've missed them over summer - sad isn't it. I have also had this year's first seasonal drinks; Skinny decaf chocolate orange mocha latte and Skinny decaf pumpkin spicy latte! Long gone are my days at uni when I thought I was sophisticated for drinking black coffee - I now speak coffee fluently and the more complicated my order is, the better it tastes!

And then of course there was national cupcake week in the UK and since I love to bake I had to join in, and I surprised Him Indoors with a big plate of S'mores Cupcakes. Basically I made chocolate cupcakes that I decorated with a whipped marshmallow frosting which I then spread crushed graham crackers over and finished off with scattering some chocolate chips. Just to make sure that it was the right quality we had to test them - all of them, and I'm happy to say that they were consistently scrumptious.

As you'll know by know I've been to see my family which was great. We've lived in different countries for a long time now and what we all miss the most is just doing these small every day things together, so the few times a year we are in the same place we try to make it as filled with quality time as possible - catching up but also doing something we wouldn't normally do, talking abot old memories but also creating new ones together too.

It's been a wonderful month and although it'll be a tough one to follow, I aim to make October equally great, filled with the 4 Fs - Fun Family Friends and Food! I hope you also had a great time and if there were one or two things that really stood out for you, making it special please let me know in the comments since it's great to learn more about what you've been up to!

36 comments:

  1. Lovely post Charlotte - so nice to hear about all the things you've been up to and mmmm, those seasonal drinks sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so disappointed when I couldn't find the pumpkin latte here, but hopefully it'll be here soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. So nice!

    Marie
    www.stylelistbyme.blogspot.ru/
    www.facebook.com/StylelistByMe
    www.instagram.com/marie_tatarskaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, thanks a million for visiting, follow you and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. sweet post Charlotte!!
    Just caught up with your previous ones!..I'm sure you had a great time in Sweden...!
    loved the pics!..
    <3 <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million yes indeed, and already looking forward to be going back :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thanks a million! Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  5. I really love Autumn too, it's such a magical season! Enjoy it!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and if you see a spicy pumpkin latte, you'll simply have to try it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post - so lovely.
    September/Autumn is my favourite time definitely of the year. Woolies out and on :-)

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachael, hope you had a good weekend. Yep, there's no going back now :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. lovely post dear..

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyzone.com/2013/09/mac-studio-fix-powder-plus-foundation.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - thanks a million! Xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post. Autumn is also my favourite time of the year...I just love it!
    I loved the picture of the forest too. I really liked your blog so have followed.

    http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma - that's so nice of you thank you! Follow you too :o) and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  9. This is such a lovely post, I really enjoyed reading it! x

    overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad and thanks for the feedback! Xx

      Delete
  10. Oh I didn't know it was national cupcake day here in the uk. Missed it, have to look out for next year then ;-) Its always good to have a reason to eat a cupcake!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures!

    Emma | masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you :o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Hello Charlotte =) I wish I could experience Autumn here in Singapore as well, but unfortunately we have summer all year around xD

    <3 celly
    TheSnowFlowerrr Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving a comment - well at least you never have to worry about getting cold LOL. Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that's really lovely of you :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks a million, hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Such gorgeous photos! Can't believe it's october tomorrow, that's sooo scary xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Gemma - I know what you mean, where does the time go?! Xx

      Delete
  16. Lovely post, that cupcake looks delicious! I just had a yogurt pumpkin smore's stick pop the other day and it was AMAZING!

    -Chrissy of Crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it sounds delicious :o) and thanks a million! Xx

      Delete
  17. Ahhh, s'mores cupcakes are the best! I recall making some a few years ago with marshmallow whipped frosting, so good!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I made them and they did turn out really yummy! :o)

      Delete
  18. Those cupcakes sound devine! I adore baking to and want to be a baker, I may try these out, with a seasonal hot drink of course ;)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - a cheeky little hot chocolate is always a nice treat :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!