Friday 13 September 2013

Topping Lane - Cupcake nails from Nails Inc

One of my favourite accessories is my nails, and I would even go as far as to say that you can make or break an outfit with your nail polish. There are all kinds of glorious shades and effects made for us, showing that nails can be elegant, glamorous, edgy, romantic, creative or why not just plain fun.

And fun is exactly what comes to mind with Topping Lane from Nails Inc. Topping Lane is one out of 4 polishes that formed the dessert themed Sprinkles collection from 2012, which is a series of pretty glitter polishes in different pastel shades - blue, pink, grey and cream. Topping Lane is my favourite out of the 4 shades and it's a lovely candy pink polish with matte glitter effects in silver, cerise and violet blue.

Before you apply it, give the bottle a good shake to make sure the glitters aren't all clumped together and apply over a base coat. Like most of Nail Inc's polishes it has a nice light weight formula with just the right thickness that is very easy to apply. Unlike many other glitter polishes that are translucent with only a faint color to them, this pink is actually very pigmented and with 2 or more coats you'll end up with a nice and opaque finish, which is what I'm wearing in the photos. Since the polish dries very quickly, you can probably add even more layers, but for me it's enough with 2 to keep the lightness of the look. I would also recommend that you use a high shine top coat to really make the glitters stand out. The glitter will end up unevenly across the nail, but that's part of the fun - each nail will look different and so will each application. The final effect looks like delicate sprinkles on a cupcake - yummy enough to eat!

The nail polish wears well and you'll get about 3-4 days out of it before you'll need to touch up and unlike many glitter polishes it's actually fairly easy to remove - no need to almost have to scrub off half of your nails at the same time to get rid of it.

You can still get the Sprinkles collection from Nails Inc, and if you get it from Beautybay.com, you'll get it at a slightly better price as well.

This may not be a polish suitable for all occasions but it's a girly, fun and frivolous look - and after all we all know that girls want to have fun!

40 comments:

  1. I'm having some trouble commenting. I'll try it again. Yes girls want to have fun. Love this cute nail polish and I'm glad it comes off easily. Checked out Beautybay and they have free shipping. How cool is that. Thanks for sharing and have a happy Friday Charlotte!!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! They have some super deals on nail polishes that make it very difficult to limit myself to only one item :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hiya Hannah and thanks for visiting! It is very cute and I'm tempted to get the blue one as well - Pudding Lane :O). Joined your blog and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  3. Delicious manicure!! We love it!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it makes me want to bake cupcakes with creative frosting :o). Have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  4. That's so sweet (like a cupcake LOL), thank you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cute! i have a similiar one actually that I'm going to be trying out soon :) I think mine is supposed to be a deborah lippmann dupe! :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! Look forward to seeing your review :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. ooh i love the glitter! it's so pretty, would love gorgeous over white too or just on the tips :) following!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - and NICE giveaway :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful nails :) I'm following you.
    Kiss, Nati

    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/IamPoliticallyCorrectBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Following you too - loved to see the photo from the graduation trip, it looked absolutely amazing. Xx

      Delete
  8. So yummy and pretty! I want to bite your nails! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thank you so much - I think... :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you! Of course - I've joined join and follow on Bloglovin', hope you'll be back soon again :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. Pink and sparkles - my favorite nail polish colors. Love!
    thegoldencrystals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Maesha and thanks so much for visiting! I'm glad you like it - the blue one - Pudding lane is cute too. Following your blog and loved the photos! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Oh wow what a beautiful nail varnish! I love glittery nails :)
    Love your blog, I'm now following you on bloglovin! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that's really lovely of you!!! Following you too :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  12. This is such a cute polish! Please check out my blog if you like! :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - it almost makes me want to go out and buy candy :O). Joined your blog and hope you'll come bacak again soon :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. That's a really pretty nail polish :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! The other shades are pretty too :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. These look so pretty! I hate how hard it is to get glitter polishes off, so it's great to hear that this one is a bit easier to remove :)

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sadie and thanks for visiting! I know what you mean, some of them can be a complete nightmare. Wow, thanks I'll check it out. Joined your blog and hope you'll visit here again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. Totally adorable! This is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!!!! These look adorable, I love them so much - even the name of the polish is cute xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma, it really does look like sprinkles on your nails doesn't it :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Wow cute sparkles ! Would love try this product :)
    xoxo Shreya
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely nail polish! I love wearing glitter on my nails. I just wrote a post on how to remove glitter nail polish quickly and easily, you should check it out:

    http://stylewithgracehairdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/beauty-tip-easy-way-to-remover-glitter.html

    Let me know what you think :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great tip - I might try that, and at the same time give Him Indoors a good laugh as I'm sitting with foil on my tootsies :o). Thank you for that! Xx

      Delete
  19. I was going to pick this up a while ago, but decided that I already owned way too many Nails Inc polishes. Maybe I will though as it looks lovely.

    What nail polish remover do you use? I find the Bourjois One Second one great for removing glitter - but it's best if you have a base coat on as well or it still makes it difficult "/

    Now following via GFC.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louise - thanks so much for visiting! I use the same one and think it's brilliant even on glitter polishes. I always use a base coat, and for this particular polish I don't know if it's makes a difference since it comes off fairly easily anyway, but there are others e.g. Old Street Graffiti from Nails where I don't think it makes any difference at all. But overall the Bourjois remover is fantastic! Following you as wel and hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!