Wednesday 18 September 2013

September empties

It feels as if it was just yesterday that I wrote the empties post for August - where does the time go? Today I have quite a good mix for you with a little bit of everything and you may recognize some of them from previous posts.

One of the first products I finished this month is my staple Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel from Clarins. I have repurchased this so many times because of its very gentle but effective cleansing abilities and it leaves no dry areas at all. I should mention that it is a foaming gel since there's a lot of discussion about whether you should use this on your skin or not, although it is soap free and the foaming comes from Soapwort which is a natural alternative to soap. I love how refreshed and pepped up my skin feels after I've used it. This is partly because of the lightness of the gel and partly because of the amazing, zesty fresh citrusy scent - what a way to start the day or to wash away the day that's been and I will definitely repurchase this again. 

It might seem strange to some people, but I actually light candles all year around since I'm scent-dependent, and I try to capture the time of year in the scents that I use and surround myself with. One of the candles I've used this summer has been Lily-Flame's Sweet Pea, mentioned in one of my very first blog posts. All of the Lily Flame candles are so pretty to look with their tiny marshmallows on the top, and every time I light a candle the first time I feel so guilty for ruining it - but it has to be done to get to the goodies! Sweet pea is a very tender, ladylike and classic, pure scent that's been perfect for the hot summer evenings we've had. I wouldn't say that it smells exactly like the flower because it has less of the floral and is a more crisp and pure scent - very elegant and delicate. If you haven't tried any of the candles from this range I really recommend them. There are so many amazing scents to choose from and they all smell very authentic. Another thing I love about them is that they burn really really well in the tin - from side to side without creating a big horrible crater in the middle, so you do get full value out of these. Since I have just stacked up on candles you can expect to see some of them mentioned in the next few months. 


Staying with the scent of summer, I'm sad to say that I've finished my Moschino Pink Bouquet EdT. It contains scents from exotic pineapple, warm juicy peach, cooling citrus fruits, seductive womanly jasmine and spicy woods - which together forms a light, sparkling, fresh and lively scent that isn't in the least syrupy or sugary. Pink Bouquet has suited me perfectly and I got so many compliments wearing it, so even though I have A LOT of beautiful perfumes left, I will definitely get another one at some point after I've finished a few others (I can hear Him Indoors sighing with relief).

In my Green edition I mentioned the Kérastase Bain Force Architecte Reconstructing Shampoo so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but this is a higher end shampoo specifically for damaged and dry hair. It reconstructs your hair to improve its resistance and leaves it shiny and feeling much stronger. It is a pricier product but if you need an intensive treatment, I would highly recommend it since it's worked beautifully on my hair.

A while back I got two products out of the Estée Lauder Resilience Lift range; the Eye cream that I'm still using (and I think I'll still be using in 5 months time since you need so little of it), and the Resilience Lift Face and Neck Creme which I've now finished. The cream is supposed to help tighten the facial contours, using a light-responsive enzyme, minerals and mimosa extract to help boost your skin's collagen production. The formula is lovely and thick, and it quickly melts into your skin as you gently massage it in, leaving your skin feeling very moisturized and nourished. I've only used this as a night cream, but every morning my skin has looked radiant, fresh and plump and it feels as if it's been nourished throughout the night, preparing the skin nicely for the morning routine. I really enjoyed this creme and I will definitely consider getting it again.

The last item in this month's empties is also a skin care product - the Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (now say that quickly 10 times in a row - I DARE you). This is another item which is packed with antioxidants and pro-biotics to help boost the skins immune system and the effect is that it should help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. I love using serums and have tried many different brands and this is slightly different than many of the others I've tried. It's slightly thinner and more runny in its texture, although it absorbs easily and also gives that lovely feeling of deep and long lasting moisturizing and I would highly recommend it if you don't like the sensation of thicker, richer serums. I can't really comment on the wrinkle reducing effects but your skin does feel very smooth, supple and bright.

Which products did you finish this month and will you be repurchasing any of them?

30 comments:

  1. That perfume looks gorgeous must give it a sniff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's been much loved by me, I was actually really sad to finish it... Hope you'll like it as much as I did :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. awwe...so pretty tha flacon of Moschino is!!
    ..a friend of mine has Glamour...same bottle..just red...
    lovely perfume!
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely scent and I highly recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the kerastase products. Just don't like the price of them :)

    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not exactly your everyday shampoo for that amount :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Time flies right? :) nice stuff!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Great selection of products - that Kerastase shampoo sounds just what my damaged locks are crying out for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it's an investment for sure, but worth it because we're worth it! :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh, it's such a lovely blend with just the right balance of fruity and floral! :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Kerastase and Clarins on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting post, thank you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I love these posts thanks for sharing!

    Mybeautysleuth x

    www.Mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for you sweet comment, it's really nice of you! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Hello and thanks for reading my blog - that's so nice of you to say! Absolutely - follow you now! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I light candles all year round too! There is nothing more relaxing than having candles lit and being in bed late at night :)

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, it's so lovely to chance your scents for the time of year too :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Great post! That Moschino EdT smells ah-may-zingg

    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://www.prettylittlethings7.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that's really nice of you! Of course, follow you now :o). Hope you'll visit soon again! Xx

      Delete
  13. huzzah for finish up these products! its always nice to know you're actually getting through your stash lol
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely - have to make space for some new ones :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Completely - have to make space for some new ones :o). Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Me too - they have such fun quirky clothes and their fragrances are so lovely! Xx

      Delete
  16. that perfume in particular sounds so lovely, I just want to give it a sniff! great job on the empties this month :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Thanks a million, I don't think you'd be disappointed :). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!