Thursday 5 September 2013

Fave 5 Bourjois products

There are so many excellent and affordable brands available on the high street these days, but one brand I have been particularly impressed with this year, is Bourjois. This is a brand that's actually been around for a looong, looong time and I had used Bourjois several times before and even though I had been happy with most of the products, I wasn't completely blown away. But this year I've really become a bit of a Bourjois ambassador. It all started when I discovered the fab Healthy Mix Foundation last year, but also some amazing lip and nail products earlier this year. I know that I have mentioned lip products in other earlier posts, but I still wanted to do a post focusing only on Bourjois as a brand, and to show you my current favourite five products.

Since we've had such amazing weather and I was also lucky enough to go on holiday earlier this year, I've had quite a tan for the last few months and I love to play on this in my make up. As you will have seen in my Summer makeup bag post I've been using golden, bronze shades but also vibrant pops of color on my eyes, especially in the evenings. My go to bronzing powder has been the lovely Delice De Poudre in shade 52. It's such a cute package in the shape of a chocolate bar, and it does smell faintly of cocoa as well. The texture is very fine and pliable, so it's easy to work with both to blend in and to build up, so you can use it either for sculpting or as a blusher. As my tan is gradually fading away this is about to be too dark for me, but I will definitely try to get hold of this product in shade 51 so I can continue to use it for the next month or so - until I'm back to my old translucent self. 

On one of my many beauty scouting trips to Superdrug, my eyes were immediately drawn to an eye pencil that was whispering my name (more shouting actually) and it was the Eye pencil in Bleu Clinquant, which is a gorgeous and intense, metallic electric blue shade that I've been wearing on my lower waterline for a dramatic effect. I am cautious of wearing blue shades that close to my eyes since I have reacted badly before to blue eye pencils and mascaras from other brands, but this eye pencil is not only waterproof, it's also very soft to work with. You barely need any pressure at all, and still you'll end up with a lovely and even application. I can't recommend this eye pencil enough, and if you're looking for more natural shades, Bourjois also has a lovely golden and chocolate brown in the same great formula.b

Chubby sticks are definitely the latest rave and you'll now find some version of them, either for eyes or lips in almost every brand but for me the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons are among the best, and I now have all the shades currently available. Today I'll only focus on the Lip Crayon in Red Sunset and in Fuchsia Libre since I've talked about the other two shades in my post Lip Service. The formula of the Lip Crayons is amazing - it's smooth, glossy, moisturizing and still highly pigmented. Both colors shown today are shades with a blue undertone; Red Sunset is a bright, deep red electric crimson and Fuchsia Libre is a lovely bright, but soft rose pink. All these shades wear fairly well throughout the day, but you will definitely need to retouch after you've eaten. These are so lovely to wear since they don't dry up, and the fact that they're not sticky in the least is a huge plus in my book - I really hope there will be more shades to look forward to soon!
b
Swatches from left to right:
Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder - Shade 52
Colour Boost Lip Crayon  - 1 Red Sunrise
Regard Metallise Eye Pencil - 54 Bleu Clinquant
Colour Boos Lip Crayon - 2 Fuchsia Libre

Since I'm a big nail polishaholic I go through nail polish removers faster than the speed of light and one of the best removers available is the Magic Nail Polish Remover. Not only is it quick and easy to use, but it's also acetone free. I have used other versions of this dip and twist product before from other brands, but when you go through as many shades in a week as I do, it's essential that the remover is as gentle as possible, and since this little pot of magic also contains almond oil I get a little bit of care at the same time. If you use glitter polishes it does take longer to remove it, but otherwise in the blink of an eye - the nails are ready to be prettified again.

One of my most loved nail polish shades this summer has been Blue No Blues from the 1 Seconde Nail Polish range. Speed is of the essence when it comes to nails and that's the whole concept of this range - it should take one quick dry coat and then you're ready to go. This is a gel formula, enriched with silicone to give ultra glossy finish (so you don't need to use top coat, another time saving point) and it has a wonderful wide brush to help with even application. It really does work - it's quick to apply, it dries faster than you can say Bourjois and the shine is great. I love this gorgeous aqua blue shade although on my nails it doesn't last more than perhaps 2 days before I have to touch it up again - but on the other hand when touching up only takes a second to do, it's not really a big deal.
Blue No Blues

If you haven't tried any of the Bourjois products before I hope I have tempted you by introducing my favourite five and if you're already a Bourjois fan - which are your most loved products? If there's another particular brand that you would like to see my favourites from, please leave me a comment below!

41 comments:

  1. I love Bourjois, the healthy mix foundation serum is one of my all time favourites, and I've recently both the bronzing powder as well and I love it. xx
    Vale
    www.simplywhatilike.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Bourjois crush at the moment, and you're right about the foundation - it's such a great affordable product! Thanks for leaving a comment :o). Xx

      Delete
  2. Yesterday I tried Bourjois healthy mix powder and I fell in love:) Want to buy it sooo much! Thanks for the post!
    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I haven't tried that, but will definitely check it out now :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Delice De Poudre is my all tme fav bronzer...
    Like your nailpaint!..never tried a Bourjois one yet...
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, out of the Bourjois polishes for me the 1 sec is the best and they have such lovely colors too :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. loving the blue polish!

    Today on the blog, the new Jijil collection… let me know what u think about it!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I've worn it so much this summer :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Bourjois eye pencil give me allergy but i love to try color boost it seems pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how irritating that can be, yes they are so lovely to use and give a great finish :O). Xx

      Delete
  6. Bourjois is such a great brand, I agree with you on the bronzer, nail varnish remover and color boost but I think the healthy mix foundation has to be in the top 5!! L xxx

    maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes it's definitely up amongst the top products :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I love the Color Boost lipsticks so much! - Love the post :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Chloe - thank you so much for visiting and for the lovely comment! Hope you'll come back again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried any Bourjois product yet, I think I should try it soon :)

    Keep in touch,
    www.candycrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do recommend them, to start with perhaps either the Healthy Mix Foundation or the Lip Crayons :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. The gel formula nail polish looks great! Nice post x

    LittleMissFashion♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you :O). Yes it's such a super on-the-go polish! Xx

      Delete
  10. I should try Bourjois products, sounds gr8 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great and affordable brand with lots of products to choose from :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. I love the colour boosts, red sunrise is my favourite :) xx emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's very pretty and it works for A/W too! Xx

      Delete
  12. The nail polish is my favourite! Definitely going on my must-buy list :)

    thepastelgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEAY, let me know what you think of it :O). Xx

      Delete
  13. I have to agree, Bourjois products have got to be the best drugstore brands. Love them xx

    Kinderhealthandbeauty.blogspot.co.uK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to see so many Bourjois fans :O). Xx

      Delete
  14. Love the nail polish!!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - it is a gorgeous shade! Xx

      Delete
  15. (I write in English because you have mostly English speaking readers and they should be able to read this too)

    I have yet to try this polish brand. But you're telling me they are good then? I think I saw some of their polishes on ASOS. Maybe I should order some soon.

    Btw, you have word verification on your comments. I say this because I didn't realise I had it before and it's rather annoying, because some of those words are impossible to read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im holding a bourjois giveaway which starts tonight at midnight! Check it out!


    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bourjois have really impressed me this year too!
    I love the Colour Boosts but have never tried the eye pencils but tried their felt pen liner which is brilliant!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the eyeshadows for a long time so I'll probably do that again soon too - So many things to try :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. I'm so with you on this one! I bought a really cool nail varnish in red from here and it crackles and looks like snakeskins which is really funky and cool when I'm in the mood! :)
    Love your blog- wanna follow each other's blogs on bloglovin?

    http://sassyssparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sassy, thanks for visiting and for your lovely comment! Following you now and hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  19. I'll admit it I would really love to try Bronzing Powder and the Color Boost. Ok, I really just wish Bourjois was readily available at the drugstore in the US. Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome review! I've been walking by Bourjois and have never stopped to try it before. Thanks!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thank you! You should, it's a great drugstore brand with so much to offer! Xx

      Delete
  21. Hi Diana - thank you so much, hope you'll visit soon again ! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!