Wednesday 2 October 2013

Eye candy - Avon's Always On Point Eyeliner

I've mentioned before that my makeup style the past few months have been fairly low maintenance using golden, coral, peach and bronzed eye shadows on the lid and mascara of course. On dressier occasions I've then added a pop of color on the lower waterline using some kind of eyeliner. This means that I've actually tested quite a few eyeliners lately - different colors, different brands and different types. What I'm looking for in an eyeliner is pretty basic - it has to be smudge and water proof, long lasting, smooth and creamy so it's easy to apply but not too soft so that it's tricky to sharpen. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting these things from a good eyeliner and there's one product that has proven that it is possible to get all these qualities, and that's the Avon's Always On Point Eyeliner.
 
The eyeliner is a lovely creamy formula that is soooo easy to apply. Unlike some eyeliners where you really have to draw the color on, this one you just lightly sweep on and you'll have all the color you need with a smooth, sleek finish. I don't think the formula of it is waterproof, but it does stay put on the waterline without any smudging and it also wears really well throughout the day. After a few hrs I feel that I do need to check it and re-apply a little if I use it on the waterline, but if it's on the eyelid itself it lasts all day for me, which I think is great from an affordable product like this.

When I first saw this eyeliner in the Avon book, it was the shades that appealed to me. I had no idea that the pen also had a nifty little sharpener in the cap to always keep the tip sharp, which also automatically has taken care of that pesky and messy business of sharpening the eyeliner - super! But I have to admit that even though the tip isn't blunt or flat, it's not as razor sharp as it was when it was new, but it's still very easy to work with and easily produces a fine line if that's the look you're going for.

Lately I've mainly been drawn to different shades of green, purple and blue so it's no surprise that the shades that I've bought are teal, lavender grey and midnight navy. The teal is a satin smooth, deep teal with a bronze undertone that really makes a statement. The lavender grey is a slightly dusky dark thistle purple with a silvery undertone that works beautifully with blue eyes and a neutral makeup. Lastly, the midnight navy is a lovely matte dark grey blue which is perfect for a softer version of a smokey eye. My favourite is probably the teal and as you see in the photo that's the one that I've worn the most, but I predict that I'll wear lavender grey a lot more this autumn and I think it will work really well with monochromes.
From top to bottom:
Teal
Lavender Grey
Midnight Navy

This is a really great eyeliner and it's amazing value for money. For me personally it works much better than the usual Avon glimmer sticks, and I also prefer it to the Shock gel eyeliner - which is nice and soft to work with, but at least on me it smudges far too much. I would highly recommend the Always on Point Eyeliner and I hope that Avon works on the range of shades and adds some new interesting colors very soon. 

41 comments:

  1. teal is so beautiful! <3
    **want**!!
    xoxo
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my favourite teal eyeliner, I think you'd like it :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. Love the teal and midnight blue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both pretty, I've used the teal so much and it still works for autumn looks :o).

      Delete
  3. All three are absolutely gorgeous shades!!!
    lavender grey is a new shade for me ...haven't seen anything like it before:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million - I know what you mean, that's why I got it, and I'm glad I did since I think it will be lovely for autumn :o). Xx

      Delete
  4. Lavender Grey looks like such a unique shade, I have an Avon lipstick and I love it! So creamy and long-lasting :)

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely to use, I just wish there were more lovely shades for these particular ones and perhaps even more ismilar to the Glimmer stick shades :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Lavender Grey is gorgeous and this post has also made me feel hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks a million, it's an unusual but pretty shade that would work really well for autumn :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Some of their products are great and this eyeliner is definitely one of my favourites :o). Thank you so much for visiting and hope you'll come back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  7. I use quite a bit of Avon skincare and I love it. After this post I think I need to venture into their decor cosmetics more. :)
    makeupandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! They have some amazing palettes at the moment, I hope you can find something that tempts you :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, it's quite dark but just that little softer than a black liner :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. I have never tried Avon but I've always wanted to. Especially because they have such an extensive collection that something is bound to be fantastic right?

    Dejhana | Waite A Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million for visiting! Absolutely and again it's affordable and great value for money so happy exploring :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Avon has some of the best eyeliners and makeup in general. I love their products! Great colors you have and great post!

    Pilar

    http://plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, candies:) I love always on point, but not a fan of packaging;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just wear so well throughout the day, great value :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. love the teal n lavender one...pretty shades dear <3

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/nail-polish-aqua-shimmer-and-lolita.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm very happy with them and will definitely start using the lavender grey a bit more now :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think it would go with most eye colors as well :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. Beautiful colors for fall! How do I get my hands on them?

    Jessica
    www.thewaytomyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, even though I'll use the lavender grey a bit more I'm still ridiculously attached to the teal shade :o). You can get them online or from an Avon representative :O). Xx

      Delete
  15. Love the sweets used in this photography :D xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's so nice of you - thank you very much! :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. I should be braver with colorful eyeliners, I always end up using black...

    http://lostlovedtiia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tiia, thanks for visiting! I know what you mean I usually reach for what's closest since the previous day :o). Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. I love love love Avon eyeliner, they're amazing!! I love this post! Love your blog, xoox

    http://ronnielodge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica and thank you so much for visiting and your lovely comment! I'm very happy them I just wish there were more colorful shades :o). Follow you and hope you'll visit again soon! xx

      Delete
  18. That Lavender Grey color looks so lovely! Great post hun :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you that's so nice of you :o) - and Happy Friday! Xx

      Delete
  19. These look lovely!
    And I love the sweets in the photography, looks tasty! haha :)

    www.accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Ellie, thanks for visiting and for the lovely comment. They were very tasty at least the few I could get my hands on before Him Indoors stole the photo props :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. I'm glad to hear you like the new eyeliner from
    Avon. Come shop my online store at www.youravon.com/stephanietyson.

    I really enjoy reading your blog. Giid luck with your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comment. Hope you'll come back again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  21. me too enjoy reading your blog . have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yana and thanks for visiting - that's very nice of you! Joined your blog and hope you'll be back soon again :O). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!