Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Patch

There are not many things that invoke images and thoughts of autumn as much as pumpkins, and this year I've definitely indulged in all things pumpkin. I've had more spicy pumpkin lattes than I can count, I've baked some yummy spicy pumpkin cookies with cinnamon icing, carved a few scary pumpkin faces and made a delicious pumpkin & sunflower seed soup. You could say that I've been bathing in pumpkins, and actually I have - literally - using Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin products from Bath & Body Works (B&BW)! For me this is the most seasonal and delicious scent that B&BW offer from their gourmand family of good enough to eat scents.

The scent is a warm, sparkling and spicy but fresh mix of ingredients. First you'll notice fruity and juicy apples followed by zesty ginger and fragrant cinnamon. To add some depth to the fruit and spiciness you'll also find sweet vanilla, earthy sandalwood, a hint of rum and there's something else as well... ah yes, PUMPKIN.
As you may know I prefer to use a shower gel and body cream in the same fragrance because I find that the scent lasts longer when you layer them since products will enhance each other The Shower Gel feels surprisingly expensive to use because of it's silky texture and also since it contains several moisturising ingredients for a gentle clean. To me the shower gel is more fruity and sweet rather than spicy, since you can clearly pick up the note of the apples and the rum - it's a bit like showering in a delicious cocktail.

Using the Triple Moisture Body Cream after a shower really intensifies the lovely warm autumnal scent, and emphasizes the spicy pumpkin and cinnamon. The body cream is luxuriously rich, creamy and packed with moisture that makes your skin feel deeply hydrated, pampered and smooth. If I just use the shower gel and the body cream in the morning, there's still a hint of warm spice and apple that lingers later in the day, so I'm positively surprised at the longevity of this scent, and it's better than many of the B&BW products. Luckily I don't have to rely on just these two lovely body care products, since I also have the Fine Fragrance Mist as a finishing touch to this pumpkin extravaganza. Wearing all three products strengthens the different notes, and you end up with an inviting, piquant, fresh and lavish fragrance that captures the essence of autumn perfectly.

If you've read my blog previously you'll know that I have a thing for B&BW products and just can't get enough of them - which is really unfortunate considering there are no B&BW shops here in the UK. Not only do we not have any stores in the UK, but as luck would have it - they don't ship to the UK either. However the situation isn't completely hopeless because you can find a selection of B&BW products on The Bath and Body Shop website, and there is of course also good old eBay.  

50 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I do not shop here enough apparently because I did not know they had this scent. And on sale - huge win for me! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marisa and thank you for visiting! I absolutely love it, it's just good enough to eat. Hope to see you here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I really want to try this set now, wish it was here in Ireland too!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way it's probably a good thing that B&BW isn't here in the UK, I think I would spend far too much there :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. Cinnamon & pumpkin..must smell divine!!
    It is surprisingly available here on Indian online websites.. :P
    will try!
    :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it - it's just so different from most other scents :o). Xx

      http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of that combination will want to try those products.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it as much as I do :). Xx

      Delete
  5. oh my god this sounds awesome! I wish we had Bath and Body Works in the UK! Cool blog :)

    If you have any tips on how to visit New York on a budget please visit my blog! http://itschristiefriday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie! Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment! Will definitely check it out :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. So great!!! Cinnamon and pumpkin... must be so divine!
    Kisses
    The diary of Indian Savage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how you managed to get your hands on these goodies! I'm still using BBW stuff from a boxing day sale ... not last year's. But my stuff doesn't all match in this lovely way! and none of it is pumpkin.... so I may need more.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we have to make it last when it's not so easy to get hold of! I did notice that the Bath and Body Shop have some items from the most recent collections, so you should find some goodies there :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I really do not care for most pumpkin scents or flavors or anything but for some reason I really like this fragrance! The candle is amazing as well :)

    sundaysgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - that's exactly what's missing from this, I wish I had that :o) Xx

      Delete
  9. No BBW in the UK?? What a bummer! Glad you've found ways to get your favorite treats though!

    beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so nice, Bath and Body Works really does need to get itself over to the UK! I had no idea about the Bath and Body shop website though so am off to search that now :D x
    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like they had some of the newer stuff, so happy hunting! :o) Xx

      Delete
  11. I love BABW products too, I always get my mum to bring me some when she's visiting from Dubai. The pumkin range sounds amazing! xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nuala and thank you very much for visiting! Oh you are so lucky ;o) Xx

      Delete
  12. Wish we had B&BW here in the Uk :(

    www.notanotherbeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, fingers crossed they'll at least start shipping internationally! :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I definitely need to get myself some more B&BW products soon, I love the smell of them! Especially the Autumn scents like this one - they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Hollie - thank you so much for visiting! I've already have my eye on the next batch of product to get :O). Hope to see you here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  14. I have this scent in the body spray, always smells so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to try BABW products so much, I hate not having a shop in the UK. I would buy online but I'm so fussy with scents I'm afraid I won't like them if I do buy anything.

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good point, and of course it's a bit of a risk that doesn't always pay off :o/. Xx

      Delete
  16. I just can't get enough pumpkin! I swear, its like I have to pick up EVERYTHING pumpkin scented lol

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too - I even had another spicy pumpkin latte yesterday on the way back from London LOL. Xx

      Delete
  17. Wow, these products are so perfect for fall. Love all of the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely fall combination. Thanks for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I just wish I had it in a candle too :o). Xx

      Delete
  19. I’m a big fan of Bath & Body Works! I love, love, love, their body wash (I always keep their vanilla scent on hand all year round). Pumpkin is my favorite thing in fall/winter and when there is a chance to combine two of my favorite things, I’m sold!! I normally get their body wash when they are on sale during holidays (buy 3 get 3 free or buy 5 get 3 free something like that) and I’m good for at least 2 years. Now that I found there is a pumpkin body wash I am totally going to get me some pumpkin scent now! ^_~

    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jinna! I keep seeing the fantastic sales offerings they've got and think to myself if only... :o). Xx

      Delete
  20. Ahh I love this scent so much I picked up the candle and can't stop burning it!! I might have to pick up the matching body wash now :p


    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - envious!! That much be a wonderful autumn scent! Xx

      Delete
  21. This sounds amazing - please tell me they do a candle too!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they do - I wish I had it :o). Xx

      Delete
  22. Would make a brilliant Halloween gift! :)

    http://www.minsbeautyequipment.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, particularly with the candle too :O). Xx

      Delete
  23. I have never bought anything from Bath and Body Works but I will definitely be giving it a try, as I read and heard so many good reviews on them! This review made me feel so cozy and Autumnal.. pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon and sandalwood? definitely need that!
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie - if you do get the chance you should, they have such amazing products to choose from :o). Xx

      Delete
  24. Hi, was wondering whether you know if these are available in the uk?! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niamh, yes they are available on the Bath and Bodyshop link http://www.bathandbodyshop.co.uk/

      Delete
  25. Omg. How did I not know about this!?! I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin this season, so I have to try this if it's available in the US. You have a new follower :)

    Ash | ciaobella0816.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a really wonderful scent, just the right balance of sweet and spicy! Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  26. I'm obsessed with B & BW if i know someone is heading over to the US i get them to stock up for me can't believe they don't have any stores over here! I didn't even think to use ebay.. great idea :) Dee x

    http://delcar06.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!