Thursday 3 October 2013

Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne by Jo Malone

A good few years ago I was out traveling and went into a Jo Malone shop at the airport. I'd never seen one before and entering the shop it was like a whole new world opening up for me, and I spent so much time in there testing products that I almost missed my flight. After much testing and looking around I had finally decided and I walked out (actually ran out) with my first Jo Malone fragrance ever - and it was Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne

Jo Malone divides their scents into fragrance families to guide you on your explorations in their shops, and Nectarine Blossom and Honey is part of the fruity family. And for me that is definitely the key word to describe this scent.

When you first spray the cologne there is a very light green or grassy note that almost immediately gives way to the heart of the scent which is luscious, warm, ripe, sweet nectarines combined with fuzzy, gentle and juicy peaches and faint hint of earthy, tart black currants. Personally I don't think that the honey is very prominent, however the delicious fruit is definitely anchored in a deeper nectarous base, without being sickly sweet or heavy in any way at all. It's a wonderful well balanced, delightful and youthful scent with a surprising amount of substance for being such a fruity scent. Wearing this scent always puts me in such a good, harmonious mood.

Unfortunately this scent doesn't last very long. It is indeed a cologne, which means that it's never going to be particularly loud or very long lasting, and I find that I have to reapply after just a few hrs. That goes for most of the Jo Malone scents, not just Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

Jo Malone calls itself the Savile Row of perfumes, the idea being that you can tailor the scents especially for you by layering them with other scents, either from the same family or a completely different one to create your bespoke signature scent. I know that it's very popular to combine Nectarine Blossom and Honey with Orange Blossom, which is a sunny and warm gorgeous scent, and combined you'll get a deeper more floral scent, although still very light and airy. For me I prefer to wear both of them on their own since they are heavenly scents in their own right.

You can of course get Jo Malone fragrances on line but there's something very luxurious about buying something from a Jo Malone shop and if you haven't visited one before - you absolutely must! It's not just that they have a wonderful studio of scents to explore, it's also the body range products, the amazing customer service, the mini treatments they offer, the sleek and stylish little cream and black boxes with black silk ribbon and the fragranced tissue paper in the cute little bag - it is truly the whole experience.

Jo Malone have introduced quite a few new perfumes since I discovered Nectarine Blossom & Honey and while I love to try new things, sometimes the old ones are STILL the best.


48 comments:

  1. I just want to let you know that I tagged you to do the beauty things I suck at tag! I hope you do it :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelie, thank you so much for tagging me - of course, it will be fun! Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous, I think I need to add a Jo Malone fragrance on my Christmas list :) I love the new Peony & Blush but not tried many of the others. I don't think I've ever come across a Jo Malone shop before, I'm off to find my nearest one!

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you have to - they have such amazing scents to choose from and I could just be there for hrs trying different things on :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't smelt this one but I definitely will do when I'm next in a store, it sounds lovely! Any thoughts on layering this one with the Peony and Blush Suede? In an attempt to create something that vaguely resembles a peony and peach like fragrance of course! xx

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the Peony and Blush Suede a lot, but personally I wouldn't layer them together since they both have floral notes and they might clash, but perhaps Peony with a softer warmer scent like Blue Agave to take the edge of it. But I guess that's the fun bit - you can experiment as much as you want :o). Xx

      Delete
    2. Ah good point! That sounds like a good idea, I can't wait to next pop into a store now! xx

      www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. I hope you'll find something lovely and please let me know what you ended up with :O). Xx

      Delete
  4. wohoo!!..you really love you Jo Malone girl!!!
    <3 <3
    *major envy* ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - oh yes, I should probably buy shares in them :o). Xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, how luxurious! I've never tried anything from Jo Malone before, I don't know why?! I really would love one of her colognes though, they're so notorious for being incredible xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma - they really feel so luxurious to use. Admittedly not all of them last very long, but e.g. the Peony and Blush lasts about 5 hrs on me before I feel I need to re apply, which isn't bad for a cologne :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you Charlotte for dropping by my blog, appreciated it. By the way, hearing Jo Malone for the first time and sad it does last. Nowadays, many doesn't unless you pay a fortune :(
    Regards and hope you will follow me back. I already followed you bot via GFC and Bloglovin.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, that's so nice of you, following you as well. Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  7. Gah I've never tried Jo Malone, I really need to, feel like I'm missing out!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - but it's never too late to join the Jo Malone posse :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I have never even touched a Jo Malone product before, but this one does sounds just a little bit awesome. Thanks
    Love from Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine and thank you so much for visiting. They really smell amazing so if you get a chance to go testing, take it :). Am following you ow and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love Jo Malone, their scents are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie and thanks for visiting I know what you mean, I could probably buy almost all of them - so much to choose from :o). Hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  10. I have been looking for a Jo Malone scent for a while now, but I always get so overwhelmed! Next time I will definitely go straight to smelling this scent. Your blog is lovely!
    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kate and thank so much for visiting and your lovely comment, it's really nice of you!! :). I hope you'll find one that suits you perfectly! Hope you see you here again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. LOL - thanks a million, not far off the truth :o). Xx

      Delete
  12. Ooo this one sounds nice. I love Jo Malone so much, all of the scents are amazing, I love the orange blossom and pomegranate noir. Am asking for a new one from Santa!
    Tania x
    Make-up-maggie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tania - the orange blossom is lovely and warm and subtle! Good idea :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. I really must try their perfumes, all I read are rave reviews! I just love the sound of this one.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I don't think you would be disappointed and they have so many gorgeous scents to try out :o). Xx

      Delete
  14. i love smelling all the jo malone fragrances at the department store!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabel and thanks for visiting - it's so much fun to try different scents out :o). Xx

      Delete
  15. love the jo malone counters at my high end department store. they display them so nicely and the staff are super super friendly. there are waaaayyy too many too choose from lol
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds just like the Jo Malone experience - it's a nice way to spend your time on a rainy Sunday afternoon :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Such a good pick their perfumes are amazing, as soon as it says honey in the name I was sold!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really sweet of you! Xx

      Delete
  17. Great post, I really would love to try something from Jo Malone, have heard great things...this one sounds lovely. I also have yet to find somewhere that sells it, I'm loving ur blog xx
    www.zoloriri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya and thanks a million for visiting and your lovely comment, it's really nice of you! I highly recommend it and maybe something for the Christmas wish list. Hope you'll visit again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  18. This sounds like such a nice fragrance, want to try it so bad!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah -. thank you, I think it'll be one of my old favourites for a long time to come :o) Xx

      Delete
  19. I've never tried anything from Jo Malone, everyone raves about their products it looks like such a beautiful luxury brand!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should - I love their products and it's a real treat to get something from them :O). Xx

      Delete
  20. I've never tried anything from Jo Malone, everyone raves about their products it looks like such a beautiful luxury brand!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should - I love their products and it's a real treat to get something from them :O). Xx

      Delete
  21. Jo Malone is amazing! What a great escape from a stressful airport!

    polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luxurious isn't it :O). I love the photos on your blog, beautiful - you make me want to go on holiday LOL. Hope you'll visit here again soon :o). Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!