Friday 11 October 2013

The Beauty Blogger TAG

TAG you're it - yep it's time for another one! This time it's the Beauty Blogger TAG which my lovely friend Shubha from Blue Velvet Addict invited me to, but it was originally created by the Beau Bow. If you join in this TAG I kindly ask you to please make sure that you state the origin in the introduction - a rule I was asked to follow and now pass on to everyone else. So, here we go...

1. Name a beauty routine you barely do. I never curl my eyelashes, I'm lucky enough that my eye lashes aren't too bad to start with, but I also find that a good mascara like Maybelline The Falsies Flared does the job for me.
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly? It hasn't been up until now, but since I recently got myself a fabulous set of Real Techniques brushes I will definitely be taking good care of them.
3. How long would you last with chipped nail varnish? I wouldn't, as soon as it starts to chip I either adjust it or take the whole lot of and apply something new. If there's just a small little chip on the edge or where it is barely noticeable it's no big deal (Iwould still correct it), but for me wearing badly  chipped nail polish, just lets the rest of the look down. I don't care if it's trendy or edgy -  it's still a massive faux pas in my eyes.  
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty item or nail polish even if you need it (i.e foundation, top coat, etc.) Again I don't - if I need to buy something urgently I will, but the absolute majority of the time I usually already have a replacement product lined up as soon as I begin to see the end of a product. I have to confess though that there's no risk I would ever on this green earth be without nail polish, that is unfortunately how many I've got in my collection - it's a bit of a problem actually. I should probably talk to someone about that, but you know what it's like when you just can't give up the idea of that PERFECT BLUE shade.... and so the search goes on. 

5. What is you worst beauty habit? If I get a breakout, I really have to almost sit on my hands or wear a straight jacket not to pick it. It's bad, bad, BAD I know, and I am trying to do better.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time. This made me laugh and I'm going to be very specific here. For the past 8 months or maybe even longer I have put off placing an order for a shoe cabinet and I have no idea why. I definitely want our shoes to be more organised and it would save both Him Indoors and I frustration because we can't find a matching pair of shoes but STILL I just haven't got around to doing it... How weird is that? I swear on my new Real Techniques brushes that I will do it tonight, otherwise you have permission to take them away from me (only for a few minutes of course)!
7. When going out somewhere do you leave getting ready until last minute or not? I am a bit of a control freak and I like to have plenty of time to get ready. It usually takes me about 30 mins to get ready but I will make sure that I have that time set aside, so I'm good to go well before we need to leave. With Him Indoors it's a different story believe it or not, and I ALWAYS end up waiting for him... it can be tricky getting the hair just right when you're a guy
 8. Can you commit to spending bans? Completely. I'm a very disciplined person, which is probably a sign of the control freak inside of me, and I have done if before but Why should I do that to myself? - it's sheer torture!
 9. How organised is your makeup and nail polish collections? My nail polish collection is very organised (surprise, surprise...) but I don't actually have a space for my makeup, or a dressing table as such so it's just stored in a few containers that I drag with me when I get ready. It's a complete pain in the neck and I will set up a dressing table very soon, which I'm really looking forward to - a space that is just mine.... lovely...
 10) What is the longest time you have gone without writing a blog post? 2 days. When I started my blog a few months ago I had a schedule I wanted to stick to which gave me a 2 day break, but I very quickly got into the habit of publishing every day, and that's how I prefer to do it. I guess it's not the end of the world if I didn't publish every day, but it would take an emergency or something unforeseen for me not to publish something new every day.


Well that's the end of it and this TAG was so much fun to do and I hope you enjoyed reading it as well. To keep this going I invite the following amazing bloggers to join in as well:

I'll be back tomorrow as usual with another post. Have an amazing day everyone! Xx


42 comments:

  1. I never curl my eye lashes either, I also I hate chiped nail polish. It looks so bad.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stella, for me I've never really thought that it makes a different and a good mascara is enough :o). Have a great Friday! Xx

      Delete
  2. I think I've curled my eyelashes all of twice in my few years wearing makeup, I just don't feel the need to! I'm fairly lucky having long and curly eyelashes.

    ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see I'm not the only OCD freak here when it comes to my make up! Interesting read, following you now :) www.pookybanana.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah - thank you so much for visiting and of course for following :O). Follow you back and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  4. Such a fun tag to read!

    www.peonyandpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.i love your useful blog! wanna ypou follow each other?


    New post
    http://emiliasalentoeffettomoda.altervista.org/uncinetto-fantasia-sabrina/
    Grazie

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you. I''d love to follow your blog, but I'm sorry I don't know how to do it because I can't find any buttons or links on your web page...? Xx

      Delete
  6. Inquiring minds want to know. Did you order the cabinet? I am the same with chips in my nail polish. Can't stand them. Gotta fix it. Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Nooooo, but I'll defend my RT brushes with my life, I don't think anyone could pry them away from me :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. Now you have to send me the RT brushes!! Just kidding. Are they really that good? Everyone seems to love them. I was pretty close to order them myself but I haven't yet. Really like you and your shoe cabinet. We have a lot in common. I can't stand chiped nail polish too and I'm a former nail polish junkie. I used to buy them all the time. Most of them I haven't even used. Right know I'm obessed with eyeshadows. Looks like I have replaced one addiction with another. Wish you a happy Friday Charlotte <3

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't figure out why I just don't order it... I'm probably being distracted by beauty items or clothes or jewellery or... ah you know what I mean :O). Have a super weekend! Xx

      Delete
  8. You know what it is my rule - whenever i do a makeup tutorial, I first wash all the brushes, clean up the vanity, wah the makeup and then site to edit the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) - or like me I'll sit in front of all the makeup and have no idea what to put on - it's just not "speaking" me :o). Xx

      Delete
  9. Great post! Love it :-)

    http://tinks071296.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for the nice comment! Hope you'll be back again soon :o). Xx

      Delete
  10. Great Tag I really enjoyed reading it!,I love all the tag posts going around at the moment, It's a nice way to know more about each other.xx
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, absolutely - that is so true :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you - following you now and hope you'll be back again soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. magnifico post¡¡muy interesante
    TE GUSTARIA QUE NOS SIGUIERAMOS?TE INVITO A PASAR POR MI BLOG ,ESPERO QUE TE GUSTE TANTO COMO A MI EL TUYO.
    http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, for visiting, for your lovely comment and for inviting me to your blog. I've followed you now and WOW what stunning outfits, love them. Hope to see you here again soon! Xx

      Delete
  13. Aah I love your blog and this post. I'm following!

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!

    Hope you can visit again soon!

    www.victoriaaemma.blogspot.co.uk

    Vicky

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky and thank you so much for visiting and for leaving such a nice comment - and following of course ;o). Am following you back :o) and hope you'll visit again soon. Xx

      Delete
  14. Hi Charlotte,

    I'm very impressed at how you manage to write blog posts nearly every day. It's great dedication!

    By the way, I just thought I'd let you know that I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lucy, thank you very much, that's so much fun! Will definitely do it, although it may be a little while until you see it, since I have some other I want to get up first :o). Have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete
  15. You're so good blogging everyday- I wish I had that much self-discipline!

    Sorry to give you another tag to do but I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award on my blog and I'd love it if you took a look :)

    Rosie x
    http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Rosie - thank you so much. Oh dear :o), no it's so nice to be thought of so I really appreciate all of it - it might be a while until I post the answers though, so please be patient with me :o). Xx

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for tagging me!! I'm planning on doing it very soon!:)xo

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay - sounds great, look forward to seeing your answers :o). Xx

      Delete
  17. Love this tag - I don't think I've seen it before? I wish I could do spending bans haha xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the way I look at it - it's a basic human right to get a new nail polish every week - dont you think?! LOL Xx

      Delete
  18. I never curl my eyelashes either! I have the curlers, I just never remember to do them! I've tagged you in The Autumn Tag on my blog, please check it out? :)

    Love R xx
    http://500-daysofmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Runzhi, that's really nice of you but since I have already done it I will be giving you my responses in your blog in stead. I hope that's OK. Xx

      Delete
  19. That quote about tomorrow is so true for me!

    Alice | http://oceanlights5.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Alice, thank you so much for visiting - it's just too easy to ignore the things you're just not that interested in :o). Hope you'll be back again soon! Xx

      Delete
  20. i am in love with your tag !!! that i want to to do it .lol. just started to follow you. please follow me :)
    http://www.ambifashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you - I do follow you and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  21. I've just stumbled across your blog and this was the first post I read and I love it! I was chuckling whilst reading this as some of them describe me exactly, especially the nail polish one.
    J
    Xx
    beautydusts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you so much for visiting! :o) I'm glad you liked it and hope you'll visit again soon! Xx

      Delete
  22. Nice Blog
    Great Information.
    # makeup Course # Nutrition Course # Hair Course # Spa Course # Cosmetology Course # Nail Course # Aesthetics & Skin Course
    for more details contact our website :
    Make Course

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!