Saturday 19 October 2013

Instant Radiance with Gatineau Activ Eclat

If you read my post on October empties, you'll know that I finished my KIKO Skin trainer this month. Towards the end of using the Skin Trainer my skin felt nice and supple but a little bit on the tight side and as the weather turned a bit colder I started to notice dry patches and that my skin looked a bit dull in general. So having finished that product, I turned to an old friend to re-balance my skin: the Gatineau Activ Eclat Flash Radiance.

This is an energising skin serum which contains vitamins and other ingredients to add not only an intense boost of moisture, but also instant radiance to the skin. The increased moisture will help to plump up areas of dryness and even out any fine lines or wrinkles, and a Light complex helps to brighten the skin.

The serum has a lovely milky white, light and silky texture that feels luxurious to apply and it's easily massaged into the skin. Another thing that I love about it is the wonderful and delicate scent of zesty orange peels which just adds to the pure indulgence of this product, and luckily that fresh citrus note stays on your skin after you've applied the serum.

Like with most serums, you can apply it in the morning and/or evening before you moisturise, but personally I use this mainly as part of my morning routine and I actually like to use it after I've applied my moisturiser. This might sound a bit strange, but the serum adds a lot of radiance and I prefer to benefit from that during the day particularly if I'm having a no make up day. Your skin won't look shiny or shimmery in any way, but it looks brighter, it has a noticeable warm glow and your skin just looks a wide awake and rested. I also find that when I use the serum on top of the moisturiser it works a little like a primer, helping your makeup to stay put a bit longer - and let's face it, most of us need all the help we can get in that area.

Regardless of how you prefer to use the serum, it gives a deep sensation of hydration that lasts throughout the day, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a skin care product. Having used the Activ Eclat serum for a few weeks now my skin feels invigorated and strengthened, moisturise levels are back up again and I feel much better prepared to battle any dryness when get weather gets colder again.

I realise that the Activ Eclat serum isn't exactly a budget buy, but on the other hand it is a multi purpose product for your skin; it moisturises, protects, adds radiance and acts as a primer - all at the same time. Now you don't often get all those qualities in one single product and for me every glowing orange smelling drop of the serum is definitely worth it.

26 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a new serum to try and this sounds great! I also lake the fact that it works as a primer because most of the time I'm too lazy in the mornings to use a primer. Great review!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amelie - thank you so much! It's a great product and it's such a lovely way to start the day :O). Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow - it sounds amazing!!!!! I've never tried anything from Gatineau before, this would be a fab starting product xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma - you are so right, the amazing glow and the scent I think will get you hooked :o). Xx

      Delete
  3. I admit this is firt time I heard this company's name.. :/
    But it does sound like a very good product.. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great brand and here in the UK a lot of people probably associate it with salons, but it's easy to get hold of and this particular product is soooo lovely! Xx

      Delete
  4. It's great! Congratulations
    Do you wanna follow each other? Let me know, i wait for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you. Sure, follow you now! Xx

      http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. This looks like a lovely luxury product! :) xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful product to use and I definitely recommend it :o). Xx

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for a radiance cream/serum for a while now. This one sounds so luxurious!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it and think you would be very happy with it :o). Xx

      Delete
  7. I like that you apply this after your moisturizer in the a.m. That is interesting because I have never tried that before and I try lots of things regarding skin care. LOL! Nice post and thanks for your comment today!

    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thank you very much :o). Xx

      Delete
  8. I never tried Gatineau produces before.. defiantly after your recommendation gonna try it!! it seems like a really good one!

    Following back on GFC and bloglovin:)

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there and thank you for visiting! It's such an indulgent product to use and I hope you'll like it. If you do get it, let me know what you think of it. Hope you'll visit again soon and thank you so much for following! Xx

      Delete
  9. i think its ok for skincare/serums to be pricy. i'd rather invest a lot in one thing that will last forever and really work than cheap out on many things
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jenn, yes I would agree with you, particularly when it's a tried and tested product :o). Have a nice weekend! Xx

      Delete
  10. I have heard good things about the brand. I really must try one of their products and see for myself. I wish they were a bit more affordable.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend Gatineau, they have some lovely moisturisers as well :o). Xx

      Delete
  11. Love the stagin of this photo! I've been really liking my MT serum but may check Ito this when I finish that

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much, that's really lovely of you! Xx

      Delete
  12. I've heard a lot of good stuff about serums but haven't bought one yet. Maybe I should finally :)

    http://lostlovedtiia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy using them, I feel as if they a little extra boost to the skin care routine :o). Xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you for your reviews on beauty products! I found your blog informative and interesting. I love serum and have been using it for years. I’m currently using YSL which does an amazing job! (Actually I use everything I can to keep my skin hydrated and looking fresh ^_~….my mom told me 10 years ago that if I don’t start taking care of my skin early, it’d be too late!). I’ll try your trick using serum after moisturizer. It does sound a bit bizarre but it does make sense from what you explained. ^^
    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jinna, thank you so much for visiting - great advise from your mum, and very true too :o). Hope you'll visit again soon :o): Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Your comments are very important to me and I do read and appreciate all of them, even though I simply don't have time to reply to all of them!